Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yumion the Onion Ambassador

The other night when I was out training to sell insurance. Matt (the guy I am training with) and I stopped by a house where we were going to sell insurance. This house was way out in country on a dirt road and as we were turning into the driveway I see a "Be Sweet Publications sign" in the yard. Immediately I was curious to find out what these people do and what the huge building was in the backyard. I got to talking to the wife and she told me she is an author/illustrator for children's books. Not only does she do that but the huge building in the backyard is her own publishing company! Needless to say I was thrilled! It was like meeting a celebrity! While Matt wrote up the life insurance Pam and her husband took me on a tour of their property. We first went into her publishing building and she showed me all the books she has written and illustrated. Her books are about Yumion, the onion ambassador, and his travels all over the state of Georgia. The books are educational and are actually used in schools all over the state of Georgia as learning material. Of course I had to buy one and she signed it for the boys. After we took the tour, which included looking at her "tree house" where she paints the pictures for her books, she insisted we take a picture so that I could show the kids I got to meet her. The night was super exciting and I had so much fun. Her website is http://www.besweetpublications.com . I know most of you live in Tennessee but these books are so gorgeous with hand painted illustrations and also educational.

0 comments: