Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Train Table Take 2

If you all read my previous blog about the painful 3 hour process of putting the train table together and its complete demise shortly thereafter I will skip to 2 months later...

After losing all hope in the train table I left it in a state of total despair, only getting worse as the days went by. Finally getting tired of stepping on random pieces of the tracks and its counterparts every time I walked into the kids bedroom, I decided to do something about it. I took the whole thing down (not that there was much left) put all the pieces in the drawer pressed up against the wall and made one circular level track for Jacob. He absolutely loved it and immediately sat down on the table and began pushing the train down the tracks...

5 minutes later... Caden comes barreling into the room heading straight for the table. In one quick sweep I grabbed him up and told him the train track was off limits to him until he gets bigger and I told Jacob if he wants to play with it where Caden can't get to him then he has to shut his door. Periodically he will go in there and play with it. SUCCESS :)

1 comments:

kathy said...

Just think, one day, poop, trains and trucks will be a distant memory....and then we'll all miss it (well maybe not the poop)! I know being a mom of two little guys takes a lot of energy and creativity but you always seem to know what to do! They're precious babies with precious parents! We love you all!