Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sick Boys

I had to take both boys to the doctor yesterday because both had pink goopy eyes and horrible green runny noses. After waiting 3 long hours with two tired boys we got a diagnosis, prescriptions, and set a follow up appointment. Jacob and Caden both have pink eye in both eyes and an ear infection in their left ears. So they got the same prescription (different doses). The doctor said there is some sort of bacteria that will cause you to get both pink eye and an ear infection so luckily I am not having to do eye drops, an antibiotic will cure both! But when Jacob's poor little body gets mixed with an antibiotic: the outcome is not good. So after two bad diapers this morning we are eating yogurt, and lots of it! Good thing the same thing doesn't happen with Caden. I stripped down their sheets and blankets and pillowcases early this morning when they woke up and washed them in hot water and dried them on high so that they would be clean and pink eye free for nap time. But Caden started getting sleepy before they were done drying so I put on a spare sheet and tried to give him another blanket, but that did not suffice! He laid in bed crying for his blanket, so I rushed to the dryer and found that his blanket was dry. I gave it to him and now he is down for a nice long nap! Say a prayer for my little guys to get better! Love you guys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your babies are sick!!! I hope they get better soon. Hope you are doing ok too b/c I know how taking care of sick babies can wear you out!

kathy said...

We are praying! Love, Mimi & Pop Pop