Tuesday, September 9, 2008

No daycare= More playtime

Josh and I have decided that daycare is not our best option right now. Seeing as it costs us almost 950 dollars a month! So in efforts to save money we have come up with a plan. We are going to work alternating shifts from one another leaving the kids at home with one of us at all times. This still leaves us with 3 nights at home a week together and multiple other times to be together as a family. Today was the first day of plan: no daycare, and so far all is well. The boys love it because they get to spend all day at home and because they get to spend lots more time with their daddy. Josh and I love it because we are saving money and the boys get to be on a better schedule and spend more one on one time with us. Hopefully this will work out for the best and our lives down here will be more structured!

5 comments:

kathy said...

Sounds good to me! It won't be that much longer that Jacob will be in pre-school, and then kindergarten, and then school, forever (with Caden following right behind him). Maybe at some point, a beautiful baby girl will be in the picture! Sounds like a plan to me!:)

Natalie said...

You could put them in a parents morning out which would be tons cheaper and you would still get some time to do whatever you need/work. :) I'm sorry we missed each other last weekend too. Definitely, we will get together in October! We are just too busy!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you could work this out for you guys and the boys! That is a lot of money to spend on daycare. We loved getting to see you and the boys this weekend. They are precious!

The Sandefurs said...

This is what Jeff and I do. I work night shift, and although it's hard on me to go without sleep, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make since I feel it is what's best for them. They are only babies once, right?!

Good to see you too! Love you guys! Jaime

V-n-J said...

this is a fab idea Courtney. J and I did the same thing and it worked fine. we still had plenty of family time too. But the best part is not just the money you will be saving but that they are with one of you:) so glad I got to see you Sunday. Wish you could come more often...