Monday, September 15, 2008

Annual Check-Ups

Today I took the boys in to see Dr. Newton for their annual check-ups. We are little late on both, but they came during our move and getting settled into our new routine. So 3 weeks ago when they went in for ear infections I went ahead and scheduled this appointment. We are so lucky to have found Dr. Newton, he is young and has four kids of his own. He reminds me a lot of our doctor back in Chattanooga, Dr. Wiley, and we loved him as a doctor. Jacob and Caden both seem to like Dr. Newton. The only problem Caden has with him is that every time we go, Dr. Newton has to clean out his ears because they are so full of earwax. Trust me I do this too, but I can't get the hard to reach stuff that Dr. Newton gets with his special tool. While this was happening Jacob kept yelling, "Do not hurt my little brother, Caden!" He was so worried that Caden was upset, the nurse was in awe that he was trying to protect him, I told her wait til we get home and he will be the one hurting him. I guess only big brother is allowed to make him cry. Anyways with any well visit you are more likely to have to get shots (unless it is the 9 month where no needs are present.) Jacob got his first round of Hep A and a nasal spray they are doing instead of the flu shot. Caden on the other hand had to get 4! He got a flu shot, MMR, chicken pox, and DTAP, he had a fit! Poor little guy was so upset. And once again Jacob was worried about someone hurting his little brother. Once we got home it was lunchtime and nap time. What a busy day!





On our way to see Dr. Newton











Cheese Jacob










The sign to Augusta Pediatric Association








This is our Dr.'s office!








I had to put the trashcan up so they would stop getting into it.










Eating cheese-its before our shots!










Whatchou talkin bout? (This is his new saying)









Chowing down on cheese-its











Ready to go home!












Poor Bug had 4 shots!

2 comments:

Hossam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kathy said...

Poor babies (especially Caden!) What a rough day! Tell them Mimi loves them!

p.s. I like the new Dr's office!