Thursday, November 27, 2008

Our First Thanksgiving away from Home

This was our first Thanksgiving away from home, and it wasn't too bad. Yes we missed our family back home a lot, but we began new traditions as the Williams Family. I got to cook my very first Thanksgiving dinner, and it turned out pretty well. Everyone was satisfied and nothing burned! Although Paula Deen's macaroni and cheese did not end up the way we wanted it. I believe I cooked it too long and it lost the gooey-ness , but it was still better than velveeta mac-n-cheese! We bought a fried turkey from this place called Wifesaver, definitely the best turkey I have ever had! I normally don't like turkey because it is so dry, but a fried one is very juicy; as Jacob would say, "It was bery tasty!" Of course no big meal is the same without jalapeno corn and hashbrown casserole; we also had many crescent rolls and cheesecake. And then the sleepiness set in: Jacob and I took a nap and now Josh is going to take his. This was a great Thanksgiving and I am so thankful we were able to enjoy it!







The boys waiting on food












Our turkey















Hashbrown casserole, jalapeno corn, and the mac-n-cheese








































About to eat, Jacob said the blessing over it













Caden-bug with his plate




















Jacob eating a roll










3 comments:

Natalie said...

It looks like you all are having a wonderful Thanksgiving despite being so far away! I'm glad :)

kathy said...

Hey Courtney, you put together great meal....it looks delicious! So proud of you!

V-n-J said...

looks very yummy! glad you guys had fun.