Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Bat


Halloween is over, but on our way back into the apartment after dropping the kids off Josh and I ran into a furry little thing on the pavement. Josh yelled, "What is that?" in enough time for me to keep from stepping on it. At first it was all rolled up into a ball and all you could see was its fur so I told Josh it was a bat. He nudged it with his foot and I got the camera out to take a picture for the boys. He spread out his wings but would not fly off. I thought it was a baby so I asked him, "Where is your mommy little baby?" And as soon as I got those words out Josh hits me in the back of the head to pretend like he was "the mommy" I was so scared I screamed and almost peed on myself.

3 comments:

kathy said...

Oh Courtney, your life will never be boring!!!

The Sandefurs said...

Hahahaha! Doesn't take much for a mother of two to pee on herself, right? Trust me, I'm right there with ya! :)

Natalie said...

haha! That's hilarious and something I would expect out of Ben! Next time I see a bat, I'll know not to ask where the mommy is!