Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Different Kind of Halloween

We celebrated Halloween yesterday because Josh had to work Friday night. I didn't want to take the boys trick-or-treating by myself and being in a new town I did not even know the best place to take them. So we waited until Saturday afternoon where we carved a pumpkin, painted, played with plato and baked cookies. We had such a fun time doing something different.


Jacob beside the pumpkin we carved... it was supposed to sat jWc, but we aren't professionals

Caden sitting in Josh's lap while he carved


Jacob swinging on the porch




Neither of them wanted to touch the gooey stuff


Caden is terrified of pumpkins


Cutting the top off




Eating the cookies he made


Putting sprinkles on the cookies


Showing me his cookies


Rolling the dough into balls


Caden is our pack rat- he puts things into containers and carries them around the house


This is the sword Josh made him


Throwing a ball of plato


He was so impressed by Josh's elephant


Being brave and touching the pumpkin

Showing me his plato animals

Playing plato

The beautiful pictures they painted


Caden getting washed off after painting


Caden painting


Jacob painting

2 comments:

Richy and Brittany said...

is it plato or playdough? just wondering...I am glad you decided to be all crafty I am very proud of you!

kathy said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Tell Jacob and Caden that Mimi said the pictures they painted are beautiful and I love them! They're such precious little boys!