Saturday, July 19, 2008

Chucky Cheese or Yucky Cheese?


This is what my mom calls it and I am beginning to agree with her. I took the boys there to celebrate Caden Bug's first birthday since we don't know anyone here and could not throw a proper party. Oh well he didn't know the difference. Unfortunately Josh could not be there because his month of nonexistence started the day before Caden turned 1. Once again I think I was the only one who noticed, but we did have a great time! We ordered a pizza and drinks ( I already had cupcakes ready for the birthday portion.) And then while the pizza was cooking we headed off to the games. I think all Chucky Cheese's are alike so if you have been there you will know the exact truck I am about to explain. There is this huge pick up truck that comes up to my chest and Jacob immediately ran towards that one. I put Caden in beside him and then stick a token in the slot. You would have thought they were dying! Both of them started screaming and crying so I hurriedly pulled them out and hoped this would not ruin the night. The next toy they got on Jacob immediately said in a shaky voice, "Don't put money in it mommy!" So I just let them sit in it and pretend to drive it. The pizza was ready so we sat down and enjoyed the quick break. They both ate like 3 pieces and then wanted a cupcake. Instead of eating it though Caden decided it would be more fun to squish it in his hands and throw it on the floor. After we got all cleaned up the boys got back up to play, this time not scared of the toys when I put "money" in them. We had a great time and the boys slept great that night!





5 comments:

kathy said...

Ok, I know Caden Bug doesn't know the difference now, but I will forever live in guilt that I wasn't there for him on his 1st birthday! Having a little birthday party with just the three of you was soooo sweet, but at the same time, it makes me sad! Anyway, you're such a good mommy and I love and miss you all so much!

Take care of each other. I pray for you all every day (several times a day!)

We love you all!

MiMi

kathy said...

I love the video....he is really into that cupcake! I love him soooo much! They are the most beautiful and precious little boys in the whole world!

Claire said...

Courtney,
Give Caden a big Happy Birthday hug from all of us. Sing him this song from us....
"Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear Caden, Happy Birthday to You!" Love and miss you all.

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Caden!!!! Wish we could've celebrated with you! Miss you guys!

V-n-J said...

happy first birthday cake! boy did you get into that cupcake. Glad you had fun time with your mommy and big brother.