Friday, March 6, 2009

DaDa or Momma?

Caden has been calling me DaDa and refuses to call me Momma. So I have been practicing with him on this picture. Dad framed this and mailed it to us a couple weeks ago and it sits on one of my end tables. So everyday I grab it and point at me and say Momma and then point at Josh and say DaDa. He just laughs and points to me and says DaDa. I am so frustrated, but I think he can sense that and is now just being stubborn and not calling me Momma. I have heard him say it several times, but he won't do it for me. So when I am gone at work or running errands and Josh is home with the boys Caden stands at the door and cries for DaDa. Josh will then say I'm DaDa and I'm right here. Caden responds with, "No I want DaDa!" And so they banter back and forth for a couple minutes and finally when Caden gets really frustrated he goes and picks up this picture, points at me and says, "NO I WANT DADA!" So if anyone has any tips to make him call me Momma I am all ears. I joke with Josh and tell him he is going to be out with Caden and he is going to say, "I want my other DaDa," and people are going to look at him really weird. Oh well I guess one day he will catch on and call me Momma, until then he has two DaDas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this post is hilarious! Just let him call you "da da" it probably won't last much longer, and in his mind he probably thinks he is saying 'Momma'. If you ask a speech therapist, she will tell you he thinks he is repeating you. So eventually it will stop. If not, it is super cute!

Natalie said...

Well Olivia calls me "Na-yee" and refuses to call me Mama or Mommy or anything! I don't have any tips for you sorry! I have tried everything too!