Friday, January 30, 2009

Store Visit

Our District Manager, Darren, our Area Manager Daniel and 2 MTs came to visit the store on Thursday. I was so excited because Darren was going to finally get to meet our wonderful kiddos and see everything I had been doing around the store- and then we had to run into trouble. The babysitter we set up to watch the boys turned out to be a WITCH and there was no other way for me to get the store prepared and work our usual schedule. Not only was I merchandising but doing freight as well since our girl is on vacation. After the babysitter made me feel like a horrible mother, I called my mom and she said well why don't you call Kathy and see if she can watch the kids until Saturday and then I will bring them to you on Saturday afternoon. So Josh called Kathy and on Wednesday (the day before Darren came) I met Kathy and Jim in Atlanta. I got back to work at 2 and got to work. We worked all day Wednesday and at 3:00 on Thursday Darren got here! I LOVE Darren- he is amazing and we get along so well, so I was really looking forward to this visit. Although I was a little worried if he would like the way I do things, he loved it. He said I do an amazing job and said our store was the best in the Atlanta Region, well a tie with one of the other stores. While we were having one of our talks, I asked for his complete honest opinion of what I needed to work on because I love doing this job and want to make sure I am doing the best. He said he was very proud of me and that I was doing a great job. He even said, "I wish that you were more in Atlanta so you could travel to all the stores and be in charge of all their merchandising." I was like oh my gosh I would LOVE that, but he said he doesn't want us out of Augusta quite yet. So I told him if he ever needed me to go to any stores I could. That put an idea in his head, and so now I am going to the Mall of Georgia Monday and Tuesday to work in that store! Bad news is I don't get my babies back until Tuesday afternoon; good news my District manager is proud of me and thinks I am good enough to help other stores! I am so super excited!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! That's awesome!! Congrats :) Maybe you'll get moved to Atlanta... it's a lot closer drive to Chattanooga!

Craig, Meredith, and Knox said...

Well, you need to just come and hang out with me while you are here. Our house is 15 mins from the Mall of GA and would love to see you. Brittany Posey and me always hang out on Mondays so if you are free and want to hang out let me know!! If you need a place to stay our house is open.

The Sandefurs said...

Wow! I am so proud of you...that's awesome!

Lindsay Adkins said...

That's great Courtney!!! It's nice to get good feed back on the hard work you've put into your job!

Claire said...

Of course you are doing a great job...you are a great girl with lots of creativity and talent. Miss you like crazy...did you see the one hour "Office" after the Superbowl...

"Creed, your teeth called; your breath stinks."

kathy said...

Hey Courtney....I've seen your work and I know you do an awesome job! I am amazed at your creativity in all of your displays! The Lord has blessed you and Josh with so many talents and we are so proud of you both! Jim and I love you!!