Sunday, August 30, 2009

So Big!

Yes my big boy is only 3 and yes he already has homework! In order to get his class ready for Pre-K next year his teacher has started teaching them the alphabet. Each week they are learning a new letter: how to write it, what sound it makes, and words that begin with that letter. Every Friday he has a folder sent home with him so I can see what he did all week and we get a piece of homework. This week he had to practice the letters A and B. He also had some questions we had to go over. He told me that "A" makes the sound "ah" and "B" makes the sound "buh." He did this without batting an eye and then I asked him what word begins with "A" he said, "Ants" and then I asked what words begin with "B" he said "Bird." Again without batting an eye. He is getting so smart and he did so well tracing his letters. Yes I need to go get new crayons and a pencil for him, for some reason with the move I lost them all. But for now the green sharpie works. He was so proud of himself for tracing so well! Good job big guy!



2 comments:

V-n-J said...

What a smart little boy! and girl you're on a blogging roll! Glad to see new pics of the boys ... they are so cute, so grown and so missed. Hope we get to see you all soon.

kathy said...

What a sweet, big boy! He's the smartest little guy! I have such mixed emotions....just wish he wasn't growing up so fast! Great job, Jacob....love you soooo much!! :)