Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A couple of short stories...

Since Jacob has been home from MiMi and PopPop's house a change has occurred. He has now turned into an old Baptist preacher. He has not once called Caden by his real name, no now he calls him "Brodder." Which in his language its means "brother." When he talks to him its... "Hey Brodder come here," or "Brodder lets play ball," or "Here is your sippy cup, Brodder." Even tonight when he got in trouble for talking back to Josh he said, "Me and my Brodder are tight buddies, not you Dad!"

Tonight while the boys were in the bath I was quickly unloading the groceries when I see a little boy probably around 18 months old running down the parking lot with no adult anywhere near him. I thought to myself he must be a little escape artist. I go up to him and he looks at me and says, "Mom?" I said, "No, but lets go find yours cuz I bet she is worried." All of a sudden I see a Mom all frantic and running down the stairs of the next complex over look at me and yell, "I found him!" She said he ran down the stairs while she too was unloading her groceries and had thought he was in the house with her husband. I tried to reassure her by telling her I had 2 little guys and I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing. She thanked me and went on her way...

Yesterday after a week long vacation our freight guy comes in to work to a back room full of old frieght and the UPS guy dropping off 25 more boxes. He had planned his 10 day long vacation the week before tax free weekend, and if it had been any other weekend I could have had it all done. But since I had to be on the floor every day merchandising and to help clean up after the HUGE days we had, I was only able to successfully do 2 days worth. A couple other boxes had been done by part time teammates... but basically Monday morning there was a GINORMOUS mess in the back room and around 40 boxes of freight... So you get a pretty good idea... within each box there are anywhere from 15-60 items in each box. Nick (our freight guy) decides to work til lunch with a very grim look on his face (usually he is a very easy going fun guy) then politely asks for his check and then NEVER comes back!!!! So today I did freight ALL day long and there were about 20 more boxes dropped off this morning... going in at 6 AM to finish it all. And then 2 new freight guys start tomorrow morning. Problem solved, way too much work though...

Our tax free weekend was AMAZINGLY HUGE!!! Numbers were awesome and we are truly blessed to have had the option to move to this store!

Caden is now full on potty training! He was running around diaperless this morning when I see him start to poop... Oh no he didn't!! So I scooped him up and put him on the potty where he finished his business. When I had picked him up from school he was in a dry pull-up and all his "potty time" remarks had a P next to them meaning his used the POTTY!!! Tonight he had an accident but who doesn't?

And finally... MY BOYS ARE HAVING THEIR FIRST BOOK FAIR at school!!! This was always my favorite thing in elementary school bringing home the huge paper book list so you could put your orders in early. Now I am so excited my kids get to do this!! I think way more excited than most.

Oh and... Caden got his first Birthday Party Invitation from a kid at school! We cannot wait to attend!

1 comments:

John said...

That is precious! Thx for all the updates. I especially relate to the school book fair.