Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Josh!

Yesterday Josh turned 23... what an old man! :) Haha I only say this because all day yesterday he kept walking around complaining that he felt so old. He had to work in the morning so while he was at work the boys and I went to Publix to get him a cake and the fixings for his favorite meal (Rachel Ray's Park City Cashew Chicken.) I picked out a plain cake with some crazy icing and was going to leave it at that until a little hispanic woman in the bakery came up and was ooohing and ahhing over the boys. She asked what the cake was for and I told her it was my husband's birthday and she asked if I wanted her to write anything on the cake. It had never crossed my mind so I just told her to write, "Happy Birthday Josh." So she handed the boys two cookies and then took my cake out of the cart to write on it. Within 2 minutes she hands it back to me and it says, "Happy Birthday Jos." I was just going to let it go but I guess she saw the puzzled look on my face because she asked if it was ok. I told her there was an "h" at the end of his name. I don't guess she understood me because she put the "h" in between the "o" and the "s." So the cake said, "Happy Birthday Johs." So thats that... we went home and shortly after Josh came home and we spent the rest of the day together. I made dinner and it was way to spicy for me so "Johs" was the only one eating it. To him it was perfect! We got the cake out and sang "Happy Birthday" and had Josh blow out the candles. Caden is terrified of fire and pratically screamed as I was lighting the candles. And then as soon as Josh and Jacob blew out the candles Josh clapped super loud and Caden shot up out of his chair screaming and crying. I think this was a little too soon after fireworks... I'm guessing he related the two and was in hysterics. Once he got cake he was fine!





Happy Birthday "Johs"












His candles













You can see where Caden is beginning to flip out













Jacob only wanted to lick the icing off the cake














Big Bite













A mouthful of cake


















Icing everywhere!









Yum!

4 comments:

V-n-J said...

happy birthday Johs!

Claire said...

Happy Birthday "Johs." Here's to many, many more! We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

I saw the pics on FB and was wondering how somebody misspelled Josh. That's funny. Happy Birthday Josh!

John said...

So cool! I loved the story about the little cake lady. And what a mess those boys can make...of themselves!