Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Girl's Day in Chattanooga

Monday after i dropped Josh off at the airport to get to his manager meetings in Kansas City, MO I headed over to mom's to hang out with her before the girls came to get me for a day of shopping. The boys and I hung out with GiGi and Uncle Tristan and Fweia until about 11:30 when Brittany came to get me. I left the kids at Mom's and then headed out with the girls. One of the main reason's we came in was for Justin and Miranda's wedding which Josh was in, and I had totally forgotten to bring a dress with me for the occasion. So off we went to a very unsuccessful day of shopping at Hamilton Place. We stopped by to get the newly married/mommy Brittney Bates since she had the day off and then we began our expedition. Before the dress hunting began we ate lunch at Ichiban which was my pick since neither Josh nor I had had hibachi since we moved down here. I was seriously craving it, thanks Brittney for going even though it is not your favorite! After sushi and hibachi we drove out to Hamilton Place. Sadly I took no pictures to commemorate this day and how awful we all looked in EVERY single dress we picked off the racks at all the stores in Hamilton place that carry dresses. The only dress I liked that day, both Brittany and Brittney hated and cost $112... not what I planned on spending. We were heading back over the dam to try out the shops at Northgate, TJ Maxx, and Target when all of a sudden I smelled something hot and the floor around me began to get warm. We were in Brittany's Saturn Outlook and I thought her car was about spontaneously combust. I made Brittney (she was driving because she claims both Brittany and I make her sick when we drive) pull over and Brittany and I got out to look under the car. If you know either of us, you know we have no clue what the difference in a transmission and the engine is and the thought of us thinking we could solve this problem is pretty funny. Anyways we got out to look as cars are zooming past us on 153 going over the dam. Brittney Bates hung out in the car (I guess she wanted to go up in flames with the car) and Brittany W and I searched for the problem... come to find out I had turned on the heat in the backseat. So much for a burning car! No luck in Hixson so we finished up the night with a taco ring and a nice chat about the day at the Bates residence.

0 comments: