Friday, June 27, 2008

Our New Home

We moved to Augusta exactly 10 days ago and everything seems to be coming together. We have been to the pool, the duck ponds, Wal Mart... the post office, the mall with Josh's store, and even the public library. It has everything and more that Chattanooga has to offer, but something is still missing. What is it? As we get settled in I look around to no familiar faces... no GiGi or Jampa John, no MiMi or Pop Pop, no Auntie Eia JJ or Uncle Tristan... No Brittany or Brittney all our friends and family are back home in Chattanooga while our life has taken a four and a half hour turn southeast to Augusta, Georgia. What does this place have to offer our family? A great new position, as general manager, in The Buckle for Josh as he takes over his own store in a newly remodeled mall. I will soon be selling insurance with Ken Land, but as I wait on my licenses to get situated I am going to be working for my amazing husband in his new store. Hopefully he will be able to teach me how to sell clothes and make relationships with customers the way he does... if that happens I am sure to do well. And the boys will be going to a great daycare we found that is basically in the mall parking lot... close to us at work and our house. This place brings an opportunity for our family to meet new people who will impact our lives and we will impact theirs. But it still leaves room for our friends and family back home who we will definitely be seeing more than often enough.
So yes everything is changing, but I believe it will only make our little family stronger and closer knit. We will meet new people and begin a new life; not forgetting our old life back in Chattanooga and how it molded and shaped the people and family we are today. We will always be returning there to see everyone, but we are ready for our new life here. We love you all back home and miss you terribly!

5 comments:

Richy and Brittany said...

I love it! You must post everyday!

V-n-J said...

yay you have a blog! hope you'll update it often! I just added you to our blogroll.
hope you and your boys are doing well!
~Veryll

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys already! I hope you all are having fun exploring your new place. Please come back to Chatt to visit often! I'm glad you started this site so we can keep up with your family.
Beth

John said...

Love your new blog, family. What a great way to keep up with you. Thx!
Love, Dad/Grandpa John

kathy said...

It's adorable! I'm so glad you started this.....it's such fun! We love you guys and miss you like crazy! Kiss those boys and tell them Pop Pop and MiMi love them. We love you all!